We are committed to providing the highest standards of hospitality in ways that help to protect and sustain the environment for future generations. Recognising the impact of our operations on the environment, we aim to be an increasingly environmentally friendly hotel by minimising any detrimental effects of our operations on the environment. By working together, we can contribute to making a cleaner and safer environment for everyone and ensure environmental issues stay at the top of the public agenda.
In delivering our commitment, we will:
- Comply with relevant environmental legislation and take a proactive approach to future requirements and obligations
- Seek to conserve natural resources through the responsible use of energy, water and materials but also maintaining the quality of service expected by our guests
- Monitor performance and aim for continued improvement by reducing re-using, and recycling in areas such as energy consumption, reduction of waste materials and water consumption
- Work with suppliers who have compatible policies for managing their impact on the environment
- Through our active environmental team we will ensure that our efforts are continually reviewed , updated and communicated to all staff
Examples of every day procedures / actions:
- Recycling of, paper, cardboard, glass , plastic , cooking oil, toner cartridges and fluorescent tubes
Saving Energy by:
- Monitoring gas and electricity consumption on a monthly basis, with an annual external audit for benchmarking.
- Use of or replacement during refurbishment with low energy light bulbs
- Use of motion detectors in areas where lights need not be permanently on.
- Key-card control system installed in every room to control heating, lighting and air-conditioning when the room is not in use
- Encouraging the re-use of towels
- Water consumption by ongoing installation of new flush system in toilets
- Waste packaging by the purchase of bulk food items and cleaning materials
- Waste glass bottles by producing our own mineral water using the Vivreau bottling system